Patience, rigorous analysis, and attention to detail are key elements that define the
Quabbin Capital investment process. Quabbin believes investment success is dependent
on certain critical components. These include having a close and productive relationship
between sponsors, co-investors, and company management. When evaluating investment
opportunities, Quabbin looks for companies with products and services that have
proprietary advantages, strong margins, and a qualified management team in place.
Given the complexity and risk inherent in private equity and mezzanine investments, and
other alternative asset classes, Quabbin welcomes the opportunity to work with experienced
investment and management professionals who can enhance decision making
processes. The active participation of our sponsors and co-investors at the board or
advisory committee level, and the cooperation of management at our portfolio companies,
ensures we have a comprehensive, objective view of value creation opportunities, and
that challenges are addressed and resolved constructively.
- Well established, profitable manufacturing or business service companies with
revenues in the $10 to $50 million range.
- Products or other business elements that have a proprietary advantage.
- Manufacturing processes based on advanced technology.
- Internal growth rate of at least 5 percent per year.
- Exit strategy based on a 3 to 5 year holding period.
- Board representation or observer rights.